ARTS INTERNATIONAL
Editor/Publisher, Bina Sharif
ARTS INTERNATIONAL covers THEATER, FILM, VISUAL ARTS, CUISINE, AND LITERATURE

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

UNDER THE RADAR FESTIVAL AT THE PUBLIC THEATER

UNDER THE RADAR FESTIVAL AT THE PUBLIC THEATER

FRANKENSTEIN

Review: by Bina Sharif

Multimedia company Manual Cinema presents the classical story of Frankenstein by Mary Shelly,
interwoen with Mary Shelly's biography and the result is one of the most beauriful, accomplished and stunning movie/theater/performance I hae ever seen.

The shadow puppets are used with live muscians and one can be mesmerized watching the actors
and the muscians creating these hauntingly beautiful images on the screen right in-front of us.
The process is live and so fascinating that one wants to capture every second of this creative process.
I kept going back and forth from the live action and the result being born on the screen.
It is magic, a fantasy, a powerful dream and not a dream at all because you are wide awake and realize fully how talented the whole team is.  Brillant craft created by brilliant craftsmen.  Great talent is for sure great talent ad it is on display in this highly imaginative show.

I am always afraid of monsters and the word Frankenstein scares me but I tell you how fortunate I feel after seeing this production of Frankenstein.  I felt like a child who has been taken to a journey through ancient lands with hills and mountains and thunder and lightening but every moment was a
magical moment of bliss.

This company Manual Cinema was founded in 2010 by Drew Dir, Sarah Formace, Ben Kauffman, Julia Miller and Kyle Vegter, totalky dedicated artists.  Throughout the show I have never seen such concentration by the actors like the one's in this show. This production is highly theatrical and a great pleasure to watch.  I am saddened by the fact that I have never seen any of their work before but I promise that I will never miss any of their future productions.  Bravo to the whole company.

Bina Sharif: editor/publisher
artsinternational.blogspot.com
www.facebook
Cell: 212-260-6207
binashariff@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment